Sunday, August 5, 2018

Jeremiah – Chapter 1 (b)

The book of Jeremiah - chapter by chapter and verse by verse
Continuing with the rest of Jeremiah chapter 1:

Jer 1:11-12

11 Moreover the word of the LORD came unto me, saying, Jeremiah, what seest thou? And I said, I see a rod of an almond tree.

12 Then said the LORD unto me, Thou hast well seen: for I will hasten my word to perform it.

The almond tree represents the watchman, because it comes awake first of all the trees in the spring.

The rod is a rod of correction.

Jer 1:13 And the word of the LORD came unto me the second time, saying, What seest thou? And I said, I see a seething pot; and the face thereof is toward the north.

A boiling pot. The enemy is coming from the north.

Ezekiel 38 & 39 (prophecy of end time) – the enemy comes from the north.

Jer 1:14 Then the LORD said unto me, Out of the north an evil shall break forth upon all the inhabitants of the land.

God is so good that he even gives us the direction from where evil comes.

Jer 1:15 For, lo, I will call all the families of the kingdoms of the north, saith the LORD; and they shall come, and they shall set every one his throne at the entering of the gates of Jerusalem, and against all the walls thereof round about, and against all the cities of Judah.

We must watch for Jerusalem to be surrounded… have we been seeing any of that starting now?

Jer 1:16 And I will utter my judgments against them touching all their wickedness, who have forsaken me, and have burned incense unto other gods, and worshipped the works of their own hands.

We must not worship the antichrist, no matter how good he looks.

Jer 1:17 Thou therefore gird up thy loins, and arise, and speak unto them all that I command thee: be not dismayed at their faces, lest I confound thee before them.

And what do we do when we see these things coming to pass? We gird ourselves up for battle…with the gospel armour. Ephesians 6:13: “Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand”.

Not fly away! To STAND! God is with us!

Jer 1:18-19

18 For, behold, I have made thee this day a defenced city, and an iron pillar, and brasen walls against the whole land, against the kings of Judah, against the princes thereof, against the priests thereof, and against the people of the land.

19 And they shall fight against thee; but they shall not prevail against thee; for I am with thee, saith the LORD, to deliver thee.

Notice the word “against” is used 7 times – means spiritual completeness.

And what does God say about it? They shall not prevail against us, because He will deliver us.

Jeremiah chapter 2 next.

No comments:

Post a Comment