Friday, April 19, 2019

Jeremiah 7 (d)

The book of Jeremiah – chapter by chapter and verse by verse

Jeremiah 7:12-15 KJV (4 verses)

12 But go ye now unto my place which was in Shiloh, where I set my name at the first, and see what I did to it for the wickedness of my people Israel.

Shiloh – the place of rest. What He did to it was to allow the very covenant of the Tabernacle to be stolen by the Philistines – because of Israel’s sins.

Think of how this could apply to your life, if you continue not to care about Him… He could take away every chance you have at redemption!!

All you need to do is turn and tell God you love Him, and ask for His help in constructing your life correctly.

13 And now, because ye have done all these works, saith the LORD, and I spake unto you, rising up early and speaking, but ye heard not; and I called you, but ye answered not;

Our Father calls us in many ways, nudges us in many ways… we must listen.

If we do, He has wonderful things for us. Otherwise…

14 Therefore will I do unto this house, which is called by my name, wherein ye trust, and unto the place which I gave to you and to your fathers, as I have done to Shiloh.

Don’t trust the place, “the house”, more than you trust God, or He will leave you.

15 And I will cast you out of my sight, as I have cast out all your brethren, even the whole seed of Ephraim.

That’s the 10 northern tribes of Israel, see Jer. 3:8 – God divorced them and scattered them throughout the world. They are “the lost tribes”… but God hasn’t lost them. Still, He expects them to step up, especially once they realize who they are.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment