Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Jeremiah 7 (g)

The book of Jeremiah – chapter by chapter and verse by verse

Jeremiah 7:23-26 KJV (4 verses)

23 But this thing commanded I them, saying, Obey my voice, and I will be your God, and ye shall be my people: and walk ye in all the ways that I have commanded you, that it may be well unto you.

You can’t walk in His ways if you don’t understand them! We must know what the whole word of God says.

If I could put that comment up in neon lights on a billboard, I would.

When we walk in His ways, then it will be well with us. That’s a promise from God.

I underlined this verse in hope that some will realize how important it is to know how to obey God, and get this blessing of wellness from Him!

24 But they hearkened not, nor inclined their ear, but walked in the counsels and in the imagination of their evil heart, and went backward, and not forward.

The counsels they walk in are the counsels of the scribes, not God’s true word.

“This is so holy, I like to hear it”, many say, although it is false and spewed forth by false teachers who don’t care a whit about your soul, only their paychecks and retirement plans.

We must incline our ears to God’s word, and go forward, not backward!

25 Since the day that your fathers came forth out of the land of Egypt unto this day I have even sent unto you all my servants the prophets, daily rising up early and sending them:

God keeps sending us His servants the prophets (Jeremiah is one of them), God rises up early and sends them to us.

26 Yet they hearkened not unto me, nor inclined their ear, but hardened their neck: they did worse than their fathers.

But we don’t listen! We harden our hearts and trust in false preachers, over and over again, when we can read and learn God’s true word, His true desires…in the letter He sent us.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment