Monday, April 29, 2019

Jeremiah 7 (f)

The book of Jeremiah – chapter by chapter and verse by verse

Jeremiah 7:20-22 KJV (3 verses)

20 Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, mine anger and my fury shall be poured out upon this place, upon man, and upon beast, and upon the trees of the field, and upon the fruit of the ground; and it shall burn, and shall not be quenched.

This is future, obviously this has not happened. There is a time illustrated here – do you know when this will come to pass? 2 Peter 3 lets us know that the first earth age was destroyed by water (not Noah’s flood as that did not destroy the whole earth) and in verse 10 we see that this current earth age in which we are living will be destroyed by fire.

If we are in God’s word and not listening to false preachers who say we are going to “fly away”, we won’t have to worry, we won’t even be singed by that fire.

21 Thus saith the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel; Put your burnt offerings unto your sacrifices, and eat flesh.

God says, “you keep it, I don’t want it. You can eat those burnt offerings yourself”.

He wants us to love and obey Him! He commanded us to “obey my voice and I will be your God”…see verse 23.

22 For I spake not unto your fathers, nor commanded them in the day that I brought them out of the land of Egypt, concerning burnt offerings or sacrifices:

From Hosea 6:6, paraphrased – “I don’t want your burnt offerings, I want you to love me and obey me. I want you to know about me!”

Hosea 6:6 – KJV – “For I desired mercy, and not sacrifice; and the KNOWLEDGE of God more than burnt offerings.”

 

No comments:

Post a Comment